Comprehensive Real Time Passenger Information (RTPI) in the Stuttgart region realized by the Transport and Tariff Association Stuttgart GmbH (VVS) with BLIC support
Abstract of the paper reporting of Mr. Stammler (VVS) from Eurotransport (Volume 13, Issue 5, 2015)
It’s about time for comprehensive real-time information in transport associations. The technology exists! As the Transport and Tariff Association of Stuttgart [Verkehrs- und Tarifverbund Stuttgart VVS], in the course of the public transport innovation program of the State of Baden-Württemberg, laid the basis for the collection and dissemination of real-time information throughout the whole network, a comprehensive supply of real time information could be realized within the entire VVS area. Thus the VVS and its transport operators underwent a huge modernization program, including:
- the implementation of an Automated Vehicle Monitoring light system [shortly AVM light],
- construction of dozens of regional Real Time Passenger Information displays,
- setting up of a regional data hub,
- the implementation of an Event Management System EMS and
- the enhancement of the already existing journey planner.
BLIC GmbH, IT consultants for mobility management, was the engineering partner who was responsible for the technical specifications, tendering of the systems and project management during the implementation phases.
You can find the whole article here.