As often many groups are involved in the planning and operation of intelligent transport systems, the development of a comprehensive ITS architecture is a good way to a coordinated and cooperative implementation. In BLIC the development of an ITS Architecture gets started normally with a thorough analysis of the status quo, which is followed by a needs assessment. Based on the insights gained the final implementation and deployment plan gets created.
The methods include a search of relevant studies, on-site inspection of the existing systems, interviews with participating operators and regular meetings with all stakeholders. We identify the needs of our customers and stakeholders and analyze the gaps in terms of traffic situation, existing and planned ITS projects and organizational structure and strategy.
With the plan, the following questions are answered:
- What strategy we pursue in the future?
- How can the necessary changes be implemented in standards and guidelines?
- Which functionality is needed in future?
- Who makes it?
- What measures must be carried out in the next few years, what projects are to be implemented?
- How should the projects follow one another or be linked together?
- How can the parties organize their cooperation?
We support an objective discussion of the stakeholder to the next joint steps and give a clear picture of which measures for the future ITS architecture should be considered.